Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lemon Loaf in the Mid-Century Kitchen with Molly Starlite, Episode 8!

Whenever I go shopping, I stop at Starbuck's and get myself a little treat, and, if they have it, I try to get their lemon loaf. But what if you get a lemon loaf craving at home and don't want to go to Starbucks? This recipe is an almost dead-on copy of the coffee chain's signature lemon loaf, but homemade! It's light, fluffy, lemony, and the thick glaze on top gives it just the perfect amount of sweetness!

This recipe is a family favorite - it almost never lasts the night after dinner - so it's perfect to take to potlucks or other gatherings to make sure you come back with an empty plate and no leftovers... not that you'd mind with as tasty as this treat is!

You can download the PDF recipe card HERE.

And watch me make this lemon loaf at my YouTube channel (make sure to subscribe or support me on Patreon!)


Coffee House Copy Cat Lemon Loaf
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp lemon extract
yellow coloring as needed

Cream together sugar, eggs, sour cream, and oil. Mix in lemon juice, zest, extract, and coloring. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Pour into prepared loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Allow to cool in pan. Remove from pan and top with lemon glaze.



Like what you see here? Want to help me make more awesome stuff? Support me on Patreon.com and get instant rewards! You could get a custom song, free copies of my books, free jewelry, a say in my projects, and so much more! Thank you for your patronage!

No comments:

Post a Comment