Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Viva Las Vegas Is Coming!

My pinup life really started with Viva Las Vegas... I entered their pinup contest last year and needed a pinup name to enter, and Molly Starlite was born! Someday, I hope to actually make it to Viva, and I hope to do so as a contestant in their pinup contest... big changes in my life this year (that are continuing this year) prevented it from even being a consideration this time around, but maybe next year or the year after. Fingers crossed!

I daydream a lot about getting to go to Viva or Tiki Oasis; all the big conventions are so far from me, though, and, what with running our own businesses, it's harder than you might imagine to get away for that length of time and keep the budgets in line. Over the last 5 years, my Tommy Lee and I have been saving to drill a deep water well here on our property. We moved out here and there was nothing: no house, no electricity, no plumbing, no utilities, and no water. Over the last five years, we cleared a spot for the house, put in a house, dug a septic and drain field, put in electrical, put in Internet, put in phone access, built a shop and an office, and remodeled the entire house to be a midcentury oasis. We had a five-year plan when we started and we're at the beginning of Year Five; all that's left to do is get water into the house and build a snow roof over the house. Last fall, we got the hole in the ground for our water well developed; this spring, we'll be running the pipes to the house. I'm so excited! We're almost done!

And after we are done, I will start saving a little bit every month to take my first vacation to one of these retro conventions - haven't decided which one yet - and I CANNOT WAIT!

Like what you see here? Want to help me make more awesome stuff? Support me on Patreon.com and get instant rewards! You could get a custom song, free copies of my books, free jewelry, a say in my projects, and so much more! Thank you for your patronage!

No comments:

Post a Comment