Tuesday, April 12, 2016

867-5309...

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?

With sincerest apologies to Tommy Tutone, I gotta say that I LOVE the new red Jenny dress from Pinup Girl Clothing. I managed to snag one in the recent April Fool's Day sale on their web site, buying my normal 2X size. After ordering, others were receiving theirs and were unhappy with the sizing, letting other buyers know that the waists seem to run small for this colorway. I was a teeny bit concerned, but only a little, bitty bit because I usually have to take my Jenny dresses in at the waist in order for them to fit me right. My measurements at the moment are 48-36-47.

After a delay in processing my order, and a delay in shipping my order, I finally received my sale purchases this afternoon. I immediately tried on the new Jenny, a little scared that it wouldn't fit or would be uncomfortable.

I needn't have worried: this Jenny dress fits me perfectly right out of the bag; no waist alterations will be necessary. Unlike most of my 2X Jenny dresses, the waist on this one also almost comes down to my bellybutton, which is not something I am used to; I usually have to size up to 3X or 4X and then alter down to fit me for that to happen, considering my freakishly long waist (12 inches from underbust to natural waist). The bust sits and lays right, and, while snug, the waist fits perfectly, nipping in at just the right spot.

AND POCKETS, YOU GUYS!!!!

Holy crap. I totally forgot that this dress came with POCKETS when I was trying it on, but I just happened to fiddle around over there and noticed that, yup, there's POCKETS! Big, nice, deep ones, too!

In sum, if your measurements are near the top end of your size on the size chart, I'd size up on this dress, but, if you're like me and fall sort of in between on the lower end (for me, between XL & 2X, depending), your normal size should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment